Re: [SWFLBirdline] unknown birds

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2004
      The pictures Ron mentions can be found at the list's homepage:

      Click the link to photos on the left column. You will need a yahoo profile to
      have access to the photos. They are in the folder "unknown birds".

      Arlyne Salcedo
      SalcedoDVM@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
        Group,
        I have posted in the photo section under unknown, two birds I cannot i.d.
        They are the last four pics. The one with the blue, it's breast is a muddled
        blue also. I am located in Ft Laud. Fl. These birds are coming in and
        feeding with painted buntings. Are these young painted buntings? Is the blue
        one a first year Indigo bunting? The color of the birds in the pics is a
        correct color. I will post much better pics in the coming days.
        Thanks,
        Ron Crandall
        Ft. Laud. Fl.

      • ginetmat
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
          I have posted in the photo section three much better pics of the fm
          painted bunting and what I think to be a first year male indigo
          bunting. They are the last three pics. The blue apears to be the
          color of a robins egg, not indigo.
        • ginetmat
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2005
            In the photo section under unknown birds there are three new photoes
            of birds I can't I.D. They are the last three photoes #7151, #7158
            and #7159. The larger bird comes in around three p.m. and feeds and
            fly's up until I leave the area around eleven p.m. Names of these
            birds would be appreciated and wether they are male or female or
            mono.
            Thanks
            Ron Crandall
          • Ron
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 31, 2005
              Group,
              I have posted pics of two birds in the photoes section I cannot i.d.
              Can someone help me. These birds came in to my feeding area together.
              They are half the size of the American house sparrow. They do not have
              conical bills but a more pointed bill. I could aproach to within six
              feet of these birds but at that time I didn't have the camera with me.
              The lighter colored bird was feeding on millet in the bougainvillia.
              These birds have been in the area for two days. If they stay I will
              set up a blind and get much better pics.
              Go to photoes,click on all albams, go to unknown birds and the last
              five pics are of the two birds.
              Thanks,
              Ron Crandall
              Ft. Laud. Fl.