Hawks moving 10/3

  • McAvian@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2004
      So what effect do hurricanes have on migration. perhaps for birds of prey
      easier visibility of prey.
      Today on Captiva the procession has begun. Yesterday qiuet, today? An adlut
      Peregrine perched for great views at 7:30 am. From then on I would see another
      Peregrine, 1 Sharp-shinned, 1 Am. Kestrel (imm.), at 11:30 am an ad.
      Broad-winged decided to circle over my area for nearly a half hour. As for locals I'm
      convinced an imm. Cooper's has taken up residence, 3 Bald Eagles together w/ 2
      of them locking talons for a couple of rolls, and a sharp increase in
      Ospreys- nearly a dozen.
      McAvian@...
      Vince McGrath
      Ft. Myers,Fl.