Captiva(South Seas), Sat 3 Apr 04

  • McAvian@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2004
      Led an exciting walk today. Talk about comparing. We quickly found a
      Louisiana Waterthrush feeding alongside a Northern Waterthrush in mud, A Prothonotary
      was nearby saw another later. Later on we found Blk&Wh, Palm, Prairie,
      Yellow-throated, and an imm Redstart. 4 Eastern Kingbirds, many locals. The two best
      finds were an ad. m. Orchard Oriole and a Black-whiskered Vireo feeding in a
      Gumbo Limbo tree. Saw the Great Black-backed Gull along the causeway this am.
      Yesterday a stop at Blind Pass revealed several imm. Gannets offshore. Tree
      Barn and P. Martin as well and finished the day rescuing an /ad (in summer
      plumage)Common Loon off the beach at Clam Bayou, Sanibel. long walk for a rescue,
      but worth it. The bird was handsome if not all together healthy.
      McAvian@...
      Vince McGrath
      Ft. Myers