Re: [SWFLBirdline] Egyptian Goose

  • vlucas
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2003
      With regard to the Egyptian Goose at Sugden Park, Ken Klotz said:

      >The Park Ranger told us Saturday that they and
      >the Soutwest Nature Conservancy people are trying to catch it and
      >treat the injury. So far the goose has outsmarted them. It is a
      >beautiful bird.

      Ken:

      It was my understanding that the Conservancy of Southwest Florida ONLY
      rehabilitates native species and Egyptian Goose clearly isn't native. I
      know that they won't rehab Muscovy Ducks for instance. . . .

      Vince Lucas
      naples
      vlucas@...
    • France
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 26, 2014
        Hello Bird Folks;
        I have a friend coming into town and she would love to see an Egyptian Goose. I recall that not too long ago someone mentioned having seen one but I can't recall where that was. Any and all directions would be appreciated. Thank you.

        France Paulsen
        Sanibel, Florida