Rufous Hummingbird and Nashville Warbler @ Lakes Park 10 Nov 2001

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2001

      Walt Winton reported the following from the Lakes Park Fragrance Garden Sat. AM:

      8 warbler species:
      Tennessee
      NASHVILLE
      Black-throated Blue
      Yellow-rumped
      Prairie
      Palm
      Am. Redstart
      Ovenbird
      Common Yellowthroat

      RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD (adult male)

      Later in the AM I was able to relocate the Nashville Warbler in the large ficus
      tree with the bench under it. It is located on the north side of the paved path
      just before the entrance to the cactus and succulent garden. I did not relocate
      the Rufous Hummingbird. It was reported from the same area mentioned. I did
      find a Ruby-throated Hummingbird in the same area, and another RT Hummingbird
      near the entrance to the Fragrance Garden from the parking lot. I also saw what
      I suspect to have been an Eastern Wood-Pewee fairly high in some dead snags.

      Regards,

      Arlyne Salcedo
      FLRBA@...