Fwd: [FLBIRDS] BLACK SCOTER-Lee County, Fort Myers Beach

  • marie gonsalo
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
      This is a resend of a message that might not have gone through-
      Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 18:55:04 EST
      From: Marie Gonsalo <Swflbirder@...>
      Subject: [FLBIRDS] BLACK SCOTER-Lee County, Fort Myers Beach
      To: FLORIDABIRDS-L@...
      Sender: Florida Birds <FLORIDABIRDS-L@...>

      Hello again everybody,

      Twice today, I had the pleasure of viewing a female Black Scoter off Fort Myers Beach. I last saw her at approximately 4:30 pm.

      When first viewed, she was on the Gulf (as you are walking South from the Holiday Inn on the beach, you will see as the view opens up, a lagoon to your left. Behind the lagoon are a number of condo buildings. There are two piers
      belonging to the condo associations. She was across from the first pier and travelling north toward the Holiday Inn.) When next seen (after I viewed the
      shorebirds on the mudflats a bit South of the second pier and was walking North on the beach back to my car), she was opposite the Cresciente and still travelling North.

      Quite a special surprise and a FOF (First of Florida) for me. If anybody has any questions, don't hesitate to email. Unfortunately, I am tied up all day tomorrow with a workshop I am attending so won't be able to look for
      her, but might be able to get out Sunday for a bit to see if she is still around.

      Good birding,
      Marie

      Marie Gonsalo
      Fort Myers