Fw: Bunche Beach Land Stewardship Plan

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2003
      All,

      The following two emails are a reminder that the Bunche Beach off-leash dog issue will be voted on this Tuesday (9 Sep @ 9:30 AM) by the county commissioners. Please read below if interested.

      Arlyne Salcedo
      SalcedoDVM@...

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 7:41 AM
      Subject: Fwd: Bunche Beach Land Stewardship Plan

      Hello Fellow Birders,
      The Lee County commissioners will VOTE this coming Tuesday on whether dogs will be allowed on Bunche Beach. The SODA (dog group) will be out in force at this meeting. We birders must also be out in force to speak to the fact that dogs DO NOT BELONG ON BUNCHE BEACH. The forwarded message gives information about the meeting. Public input will be allowed, but it is not necessary for you to speak. If you do want to speak, please write out a statement before hand so that your statement will be cogent and concise. I will be there. Please contact me with any questions you have. This is an opportunity for you to help protect a very special "bird beach." Democracy in action. If you cannot attend the meeting, please call your commissioner to express your opinion. Believe me, your opinion counts. Sue Moore

      Hi Sue,

      To answer your questions from this morning, the San Carlos Bay - Bunche Beach Preserve Land Stewardship Plan will come before the Board of County Commissioners for their approval on Tuesday September 9th at their regular meeting, which starts at 9:30 AM. The Plan is number 11 on the agenda so it is hard to say what time this item will be discussed, but public comment is at the top of the agenda.

      The Board meeting will be held in Commission Chambers in the Old Courthouse building located at 2120 Main Street.

      Please let me know if you need additional information.

      Anik L. Smith
      Conservation 2020
      Land Stewardship Supervisor
      Lee County Parks & Recreation