Lee Co. coast

  • McAvian@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2003
      Redfish Pass/ North Captiva. Didn't seem to be much in the passerine dept
      today except droves of swallows, most species and as always dominated by Barn
      Swallows, dozens of Bank, a few cliffs, and many others to fast but looking
      unusual.
      Kingfisher, Spotted Sandpiper. Tde too hi. I did spot my first coastal Bald
      Eagle today and it was promptly jumped by Ospreys, it wheeled and they thought
      better of it.
      A stop in the pm at the Sanibel lighthouse produced zilch except for a great
      close up of a juvenile Cooper's Hawk. The causeway spit this morning had 18
      Blavck Terns and 80+ Leasts w/ others water species and Punta Rassa flats were
      alive with shorebirds this pm. 2 Marbled Godwits, Red Knots, least, Western
      Sand. Sanderlings several plumages, Short-billed Dowitchers, Semipal Plovers,
      Spoonbils, large # of egrets.
      McAvian@...
      Vince McGrath
      Ft. Myersa,Fl.