Snowy Plover banding project reminder

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2003

      Here is a reminder about the Snowy Plover banding project mentioned in a
      previous email. This was posted by one of the participants (Mike Brady) to the
      FLORIDABIRDS-L Listserv. I included info about the listserv after the posting
      for those not familiar with that list (statewide discussion). If you do not (or
      do not want to) subscribe to the list, the photo link is worth a visit, and the
      archives allow you to see what is going on. You can also follow the list at:
      http://www.birdingonthe.net/birdmail.html

      Click on Floridabirds-L to see a summary of the most recent posts. There are
      lists from around the country and world on this page as well.

      Subject: snowy plovers color banding on Sanibel
      From: Mike Brady <bradymsd AT AOL.COM>
      Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 20:52:40 -0400 (FLORIDABIRDS-L Listserv)

      This summer the USFWS at Ding Darling in Cooperation with Sanibel Captiva
      Conservation Foundation (SCCF), with many volunteers started a color
      banding project on Sanibel. As the juvenals start to disperse please send
      us any sightings. Our snowies will have one green color band and one silver
      (FWS) band on the right leg and a combination of two other colors on the
      left. Please record combos correctly. We will take any banding sightings of
      plovers in the area, even those not color banded this year.

      send to michael_brady AT fws.gov

      Set nomail: Click: mailto:listserv AT lists.ufl.edu Set floridabirds-l nomail
      Listowner: Click: mailto:FloridaBirds-L-request AT lists.ufl.edu

      Charlie Ewell
      Arlyne Salcedo
      SalcedoDVM@...