Mockingbirds at Lights

  • vlucas
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2003
      Hi:

      This evening (after 9:00PM), while waiting in my car for a friend to do
      some grocery shopping at the local Publix, I witnessed something I've
      never seen before and wonder if others have seen this phenomenon. . . . I
      saw a family of Northern Mockingbirds hawking insects (moths) coming to
      the lights in the parking lot at the Publix. Of course I've seen Common
      Nighthawks do this as well as bats (yes, I know they're not birds) but
      mockingbirds? What's up with that?

      Cheers.

      Vincent Lucas
      Naples