Yahoo Groups list users info

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21 10:01 AM

      This note was passed along on the Flabirding list by John Pushock. It may be of
      interest, as this is a Yahoo Groups list.

      Charlie

      *************************************
      I'd recommend you all follow the advice in this message. Sorry if this has
      caused you any problems...

      >From: "mayst139" <mayst139@...>
      >To: megabirds@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [megabirds] Yahoo at it AGAIN!!
      >Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:26:13 -0000
      >
      >"Yahoo Groups is now collecting marketing information in yet another
      >way, unless you turn it off:
      >
      >'Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo
      >Group users around the net and see what you're doing - similar to
      >cookies.
      >Take a look at their updated privacy statement:
      >
      >http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html
      >
      >About half-way down the page, in the section "Outside the Yahoo!
      >Network", you'll see a little "click here" link that will let you opt-
      >out of their new method of snooping. Once you have clicked that link,
      >you are opted out. Notice the "Success" message at the top of the
      >out" button that, if clicked, will *undo* the opt-out. Also note that
      >you have to do this with every browser you use, i.e. the one at home,
      >the one at work, etc.

      Charlie Ewell
      Arlyne Salcedo
      SalcedoDVM@...