Collier Dickcissel & Eurasian Wigeons

  • Vincent Lucas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2003
      All:

      Fide Naples birder Alan Murray, a Dickcissel was found among a flock of
      House Sparrows at the "posh" intersection of Third Street South and 13th
      Avenue in downtown Naples yesterday, 03/04/03. The bird frequents the
      southwest corner of this intersection near Tony's on Third (restaurant)
      and the immediate surrounding area.

      This morning, I spent an hour or so there looking for the bird under the
      curious eyes of oogling alfresco diners. Alas, I could not find the
      Dickcissel but that doesn't mean that it isn't somewhere in the area. If
      anyone finds it, please post about it. Afterwards, I made a brief stop at
      Eagle Lakes Community Park, entering from the Whistler's Cove Apartments.
      Both Eurasian Wigeons were easily found among the dozen or so AMWI.

      Good birding!

      Vincent Lucas
      Naples