Peace River CBC

  • Jeff Bouton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2002
      All,

      The annual Peace River CBC (Port Charlotte, North Port area) is being held 14 December 02. As last year, I will be am in charge of the area encompassing Babcock Webb WMA. Last year my entire party met and birded portions of the Webb together looking for pine woods specialties and we found all: Red-cockaded WoodpeckerS (yes multiple birds), Brown-headed Nuthatches, Bachman's and Chipping Sparrows, loads of Pine Warblers, Eastern Bluebirds, Eastern Towhees, Eastern Meadowlarks, Limpkin, etc. Everyone got wonderful scope views of all of these except Bachman's which generally will not show itself when not singing. At any rate, I fully suspect to see all of these (possibly not Limpkin) again, and would like to invite any interested in joining to send me an e-mail.

      Other local highlights that I've seen over the past 4 years on count week include: Black Scoter, Yellow-headed Blackbird, Bronzed Cowbird, Common Goldeneye, Ruddy Duck, etc.

      Good Birding,

      Jeff Bouton
      Port Charlotte, FL