Eider off the Sanibel Causeway!

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2013

      All,

      I was shown a picture on a cell phone tonight of a fem/imm type eider, my impression is Common Eider but will wait till I get the pix sent to me to view on my computer, that was brought in to CROW from the Sanibel Causeway and then released there recently.

      Cape Coral Friends of Wildlife info:

      http://www.ccfriendsofwildlife.org/

      Lee County Bird Patrol info:

      http://www.birdpatrol.org/

      SWFL Birdline info:

      FL Ornithological Society info:

      http://www.fosbirds.org/

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2013
        The picture looks good for a female Common Eider to me!  Keep an eye out if you are in the Sanibel Causeway area.  They can be fairly tame and feeding right around docks and boat activity.