North Cape - Lee Co.

  • France
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2013
      Hello Bird Folks;

      Today was my Caloosa Bird Club day and I had the opportunity to visit the North Cape Flats Trail - entrance gate "Charlotte Harbor Preserve State Park".
      It was a great birding experience - in the pine trail we saw many warblers, hawks, owls and some shorebirds, gulls, pelicans and mergansers. We traveled further and got to see an Eagle's nest, Burrowing Owl's nest and a Scrub Jay family.
      All in all we saw a total of 46 species....not bad for a Monday morning.

      France Paulsen
      Sanibel, Florida