Pond Apple Trail - Lee Co

  • France
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2013
      Hello Birdbrain folks;

      I had the opportunity to re-visit the Pond Apple Trail this morning and I am happy to report that the trail is now dry. The Bald Eagles which have been nesting for several years behind the Dairy Queen on Sanibel, can be seen from the trail. I observed one of the Eagle bringing more twigs to the nest.
      A nice variety of birds, gators, rabbits and ducks were seen - very peaceful area.

      France Paulsen
      Sanibel, Florida
    • France
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 25, 2014

        Good Evening Bird Folks;

        This morning I had the pleasure to attend the SanCap Audubon group for their weekly Saturday bird walks. It was nice to be able to re-visit the Pond Apple Trail.....we were treated to a nice diversity of birds - the Wilson Snipe was one of them as were several warblers. All in all, a great day birding.

        France Paulsen
        Sanibel, Florida