Peregrines at the Lighthouse

  • Vincent McGrath
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2013
      After a few calm days at the lighthouse the 'gates' were open again. Steady waves of Palm Warblers accompanied by Eastern Kingbirds, Barn, Cliff, N. Rough-winged(1), Tree(2) Swallows and 2 Purple Martins, ChimneySwift(2)
      , Belted Kingisher ( /m, /f )and assorted warblers. We were able to Id Yellow-throated, Tennessee(low), Blk&White.
      A make Hooded Warbler flew over turned and went into the forest in clear view( so cool), a Chestnut-sided came in real close to investigate us, went over to see if Ovenbirds were by the pier woods, oh yeah!! And with them a cooperative Swainson's Warbler France got a decent photo. About 10:30am a flight if Eastern Kingbirds landed and with them (our 2nd this week) Western Kingbird.
      Of course, our prize today was two low flying Peregrine Falcons about an hour apart. The first an adult male the second a female.
      Woodpeckers, cardinals .... And more local residents

      Vince McGrath
      Ft Myers, Fl