Field at SE corner of Sandy Ln and Corkscrew Rd

  • Vincent McGrath
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2013
      A remaining farm here is still drying out from recent rains. Checked it today at 10am and found a couple dozen Least Sandpiper, 10 Lesser Yellowlegs and an imm Solitary Sandpiper. I returned via Bonita and Ft Myers Beach. The southern most end of Estero I sported a strong impressive concentration of shorebirds
      Whimbrel 3
      Marbled Godwit 44
      Am Oystercatcher 24
      Wilson's Plover 30
      Many more in Willet, Sanderlings, Ruddy Turnstones, peeps, plovers .....
      Also a mix of Terns

      Vince McGrath
      Ft Myers, Fl