Sanibel Lighthouse floodgates

  • Vincent McGrath
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30 7:35 PM
      One feature I love at Lighthouse Park is the migratory procession. As soon as it is light enough to see the migrant stream flows overhead with that old familiar feeling of time in pure natural motion. Dominated by 1,000s of Palm Warblers we frequently pick out the call of another of the 37 or so other possible warbler species heh,heh. Today was thrilling, a Purple Martin, some Barn and Cliff Swallows and a FOS Tree Swallow, Gnatcatchers, calls of buntings, a couple Baltimore Orioles. Our big treat was a Western Kingbird
      The woods revealed our FOS Catbird(2), W-e Vireo
      Ovenbird
      Am Redstart
      Warbler, Chestnut-sided
      Blk&Wh
      Prairie
      Yellow-throated
      On the beach our FOS Ring-billed Gull
      Off to town to rescue a Cooper's Hawk with success. On the way home a dark Short-tailed Hawk circling over McGregor Blvd at John Morris Rd
      Finally pun intended I found a wet field on the SE corner of Sandy Ln and Corkscrew Rd full of waders and shorebirds, gonna check tomorrow.
      Vince McGrath
      Ft Myers, Fl