Golden-winged Warbler

  • Jose V. Padilla
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2013
    Following a report on a Chestnut-sided Warbler seen in Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve, Vince McGrath and I went this morn to try to find it. The first bird we discovered (new for me in this park) was a Brown Thrasher. We were then joined by Shane Johnson, a fellow birder relatively new to the area.We hit jackpot early when the bird almost hit me in the head early at around 8AM behind the visitor's center. We had Eastern-woods Pewee there too. Ovenbird were heard today, not seen, yesterday I saw 1 and heard 2 more along with a Ruby-throated Hummingbird. Redstart, Black -and-white, Yellow-throated w. and N. Parula, were seen, but the best of that bunch was a nice Acadian Flycatcher. We were feeling quite satisfied with our morning when we hears a mob of Tufted Titmice, and Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and in that group I found a Yellow-throated W. Shane alerted us to another bird...a Golden-winged Warbler! A couple of birders noted our enthusiasm and were able to partake of wonderful views of this magnificent bird! Coming out to the parking areas we had a Bald Eagle and Ospreys passing by. A great morning indeed. Life Rocks!
  • Meg Rousher
    Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2016
    Golden-winged Warbler at Six Mile Cypress Slough 5 minutes ago by Pop Ash Pond