Great White Heron

  • hkisha
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2013
      A Great White Heron was seen at Tigertail Lagoon (Marco Island) this morning. Decide for yourself if its controversial status is that of full species, subspecies or simply a color morph of the Great Blue -- and save a trip to the Keys!
    • Vincent McGrath
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2015
      • 1 Attachment
      • 1 MB
      What a pleasant surprise for me as I walked out to the sea wall at Pink Shell Resort just south of Bowditch Point Park on the N tip of Estero I.( Ft Myers Beach). Actually as I arrived it was flying in and landed just yards from me. Although rare there are a few year round that can be found in Lee Co.
    • Jeff Bouton
      Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2015
      • 1 Attachment
      • 891 KB
      Of interest/curiosity Vince,

      On July 18th we had this "Great White" Heron 56 miles offshore from Sanibel Is.

      So while there may well be a resident population others are wandering out there as well.

      Best,

      Jeff Bouton
      Port Charlotte, FL

      On Thursday, July 9, 2015 5:32 PM, "Vincent McGrath McAvian@... [SWFLBirdline]" <SWFLBirdline-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Vincent McGrath included below]
      What a pleasant surprise for me as I walked out to the sea wall at Pink Shell Resort just south of Bowditch Point Park on the N tip of Estero I.( Ft Myers Beach). Actually as I arrived it was flying in and landed just yards from me. Although rare there are a few year round that can be found in Lee Co.

      Vince McGrath
      Ft Myers, Fl