SWFL migrants

  • Vincent McGrath
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2013
      While doing Lee20/20 at Bunche Beach saltflats survey this morning it wasn't long before streams of Barn Swallows and Purple Martins gave promise of more to come. By 8am warblers were being heard, soon I spotted a Yellow and a few Prairies. The best 'treat' was a very cooperative N. Waterthrush. Plover were abundant with Semipal dominating, 9 Black-belly, and scattered Wilson's and Killdeer. Some ( both spp) of Yellowlegs, Least 100+ and a few Western Sandpiper. This site is astounding but the environment in not for the light walker. Plenty of bugs, muck and associate misery makers, man I love it!

      Vince McGrath
      Ft Myers, Fl