Babcock-Webb wma

  • bpostmus
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2002
      Birded the WMA from 7:45AM to 12:45 PM on Monday, Oct. 21 and had the following birds:
      Great egrets
      Snowy egrets
      great blue herons
      tri-colored herons
      little blue herons
      black-crowned night-herons - 2 immature
      green herons - about 6-8
      ibis
      anhinga
      woodstorks - 3
      sandhill cranes - saw 8, heard many
      BT grackles
      common grackles
      red-winged blackbirds
      mourning doves
      common ground-doves
      cardinals
      catbirds
      towhees - many, both male and female
      kingfishers
      killdeer
      downy woodpeckers - 3
      flicker
      red-bellied woodpeckers
      yellow-bellied sapsucker
      common moorhens
      pied-billed grebes
      eastern meadowlarks
      eastern bluebirds - 6
      blue jays
      house wrens - 6
      bald eagle - 1
      turkey vultures
      black vultures
      eastern phoebe
      brown-headed nuthatches - 3
      white-eyed vireos
      yellow-throated vireo
      pine warblers - many
      palm warblers
      yellow-rumped warbler - this is my first this season
      blue-gray gnatcatchers
      common yellowthroat

      We saw all these on the main road into the area and on Seaboard road. Not a bad way to spend a morning.
      Bev Postmus, Sanibel