Offshore pelagics

  • dandtmcquade
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 6:38 PM
      I ran offshore today fishing about 45 miles off the Sanibel Lighthouse on a 225 heading. I saw a lot of bonita working the bait balls. About every other bait ball had birds working them too. I saw a lot of bridled terns, several Wilson's Storm-Petrels, and possibly a couple shearwaters that I couldn't get close enough to in order to get a good id on. For those birders that are boaters too, keep your eyes open if your running offshore. This is the most activity I've seen in a while offshore