6 Mile, Bunche, and offshore

  • dandtmcquade
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2013
      We've been to 6 Mile a couple times over the last week and have been seeing a lot more bird life then in June. We consistently saw lots of Carolina Wren, Titmice, Gnatcatchers, Blue Jays and a few B&W Warblers and a couple yellow throated warblers. Unfortunately, we keep looking for the Yellow-billed Cuckoo with no success.
      Yesterday We saw a lot of birds at Bunche Beach at low tide including 10 Marbled Godwits which is a personal high for me.
      Lastly, today I went out Lee County's newest artificial reef, The Mohawk, to go diving. Much to my surprise as I pulled up to the wreck, a Wilson's Storm-Petrel circled my boat before flying off.