Mothers Day Birding - Lemon Bay and Celery Field

  • dandtmcquade
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12 12:05 PM
      Thanks to a earlier post from Constantine we were able to see a red eyed vireo at Lemon Bay! Then made a stop at Celery Field for the first time. Beautiful location - list of birds:
      Beautiful bald eagle, red winged black birds, mottled ducks, tri colored heron, limpkin, Mourning and ground doves, yellow crowned night heron, egret, little and great blue herons, laughing gull, common and boat tail grackle, magnificent frigate, osprey, cormorant, anhinga, common gallinule, least terns, white ibis, American coot,, forester's terns -
      A quick stop at Oscar Sherer and photographed an eastern towhee. - No scrub jays we could see.
      Arrived back home in Ft Myers greeted by a pair of Eastern Bluebirds nesting in the house in our backyard that we just put up!!