Desprately Seeking Yellow-crowed Night Heron!

  • tmlawler
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21 2:33 PM
      Hello group,

      I am visiting the SW FL area (in Punta Gorda area at the moment) and have
      been searching for a Yellow-crowned Night Heron. Is there any reliable
      place for these birds? I would like a good close look (for a photo). I
      have been looking at ebird and running around to various places with no
      luck. Your input would be appreciated so I can end my search tomorrow!

      I saw in the FL Birding Trail it says the Conservancy of SW FL in Naples
      has a Yellow-crowned rookery. I know this is 12+ year old info but can
      anyone confirm this. I tried to call the place but the person answering
      the phone had no clue what I was talking about!

      Thanks,

      Tom (from Oregon)