N. Waterthrush, Black-throated Green Warbler, Sharp-shinned Hawk at Bird Rookery

  • bernard.master
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2013
      Bird Rookery Swamp this morning held a N. Waterthrush, same individual seen repeatedly from 3-2-13 thru today. It can be seen and heard in same area past boardwalk about 100 yds on either side of large pipe extending into the swamp. A small insectivorous flock produced a male Black-throated Green Warbler coming into full breeding plumage(over-winterer or newly arrived migrant?).I haven't seen him here before. Over the field from the parking lot was a Sharpie floating on a thermal. The warbler and hawk were first of the year for me.
      Bernard Master, Naples,FL, and Worthington, OH