Swainson's Warbler Bunche Beach saltflats

  • Vincent McGrath
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2013
      Did my 20/20 birdpatrol this morning. Imagine my surprise when I walked into the Mangroves and the first bird I saw was a Swainson's Warbler was perched eye level at 6' distance. Yes, WOW! Soon a Red-eyed Vireo came in along with birds on the move. It is clear this current system is dropping migrants along Lee Co coast. Also the flats were teeming with shorebirds- 2 Semipalmated Sandpipers along with Western, Least, Dunlin, Dowitcher, Gr and Lr Yellowlegs, Willets, many Knots, Killdeer, Wilsons, Semipal, Blk-bel Plover and waders and much more

      Vince McGrath
      Ft Myers, Fl