15 Least Sandpipers at Bailey Tract and photos

  • Donald Stokes
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18 10:54 AM
    We had 15 Least Sandpipers actively feeding on the edge of Ani Pond at the Bailey Tract on Sanibel; they fed at the water's edge a few feet from the path.
    Here are some photos.

    Also saw a Sora at the usual spot on East Pond and a Sora in the small round pond on the left as you enter from the parking lot, opposite the aligator sign.

    Did not see the Virginia Rail today yet. Another birder claimed to have seen the Clapper Rail at the distant end of East Pond.

    Also a Spoonbill at the far end of the lake just before East Pond.

    Don and Lillian Stokes
    Sanibel