Re: [SWFLBirdline] RE: Bachman's Sparrow

  • Jose V. Padilla
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2013
      I've had BASP along Unice Rd between the Lee Co Sheriff's gun range and Harns Elementary in Lehigh Acres. I went last weekend and they are not singing yet, so they are going to be hard to spot in any area until they do.

      On Mar 15, 2013, at 8:26 AM, "Charlie Ewell" <anhinga42@...> wrote:

      Hi Susan and All,

      The default location for Bachman's Sparrow in the Ft Myers area is Babcock-Webb WMA in Punta Gorda. It is occasionally reported in other locations, but not consistently in areas easily accessed. Babcock-Webb is easy to access and offers other possibilities like Brown-headed Nuthatch and Red-cockaded Woodpecker.

      Subject: [BRDBRAIN] Bachman's Sparrow

      Greetings:  I will be in the Fort Myers area for a while.  I am looki ng for a Bachman's Sparrow.  Any tips?? Thanks,

       Susan Anderson, Minneapolis, MN

    • Karl Werner
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15
        While searching unsuccessfully for Scrub Jay in Lehigh Acres (47th St W & Elaine) near Ft Myers, I did hear my first of season Bachman's Sparrow (48th & Beth), and also saw an Eastern Towhee (alleni sub sp - yellow eye).

        Also noticed from eBird that Dave McQuade had a Bachman's this morning also - at Alva Scrub. So they've started singing!

        Karl