Fw: eBird Report - Eagle Lakes Community Park, Mar 10, 2013

  • Monica Higgins
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2013
      Sorry for the poor location post this morning. While birding at Eagle Lakes this morning I saw what I believe was a shiny cowbird along with brown-headed and bronze cowbirds. I have photos for anyone interested but they are not really good for identification. It was a great morning though with 55 species. Highlights other than above were FOS Cedar Waxwings and FOS Black-necked Stilt. I looked all over for the reported Red-cockaded WP but only found Northern Flicker, Red-bellied WP and Downy WP. Both of the last two were working nesting holes in dead snags. I was surprised to see an American White Pelican there. Have seen Brown before but not white.
      Lots of other birders out there. Nesting Great Egrets were a plus.
      Monica Higgins, Naples, Collier