SW Florida birding trip conclusion

  • schaefert90
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8 6:51 AM
      I just want to mention how wonderful my visit to the Fort Meyers region was. You folks may take it for granted how nice you have it! I visited 9 areas, many of which were Lee County 20/20 properties. Was stunned at how nice these were with well-maintained trails, kiosks, etc. Whether birdy or not, they were all enjoyed. It was good to get my "feet wet" (although it was my first visit to FL without swimming in the Gulf!) and now have an understanding of where to put forth more effort, as well as visiting the places I couldn't get to. I saw my two target species, Reddish Egret and Sandwich Tern, and SO much more.

      Enjoy your warm-up!
      Tom Schaefer
      Hartford, WI