Bunche Beach Godwits

  • Karl Werner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2013
      This morning, I counted 13 Marbled Godwits at Bunche (south west Ft Myers) along with 1 Long-billed Curlew. This is essentially the same as found by the San-Cap Audubon group on Sat.

      Also present in good numbers were the "usual" shorebirds such as Western, Least, Piping Plover etc.

      Signs of spring were Laughing Gulls, & Royal Terns in summer plumage along with a singing Prairie Warbler.

      For those not familiar with Bunche tides, waiting 2-3 hours after peak low tide is best for concentrating the birds. After 3 hours the larger shorebirds will be closer to shore and easier to see.

      Karl

      Sent from my iPhone