Black-bellied Whistling Ducks, Eagle Lakes Community Park, Naples -- Feb 24, 2013

  • Monica Higgins
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2013
      Birded this morning with a birder from Indiana, Dave Reichl, at Eagle Lakes. Best bird of the day was Black-bellied Whistling Ducks which I had not seen at Eagle Lakes since November. Still tons of coots, blue-winged teal, wood storks and other waders. Have looked twice for the Gadwall reported on the Great Backyard Bird Count but have come up empty both times. Dave was happy to see a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker since it put his current Florida trip list over 200! It was great meeting you, Dave, and hope you'll visit again.
      Full bird list below, although I have to admit the numbers are probably a little low compared to actual. I was too busy enjoying the day to get a total count.
      Monica Higgins, Naples