Re: [SWFLBirdline] Roseate Spoonbills at Ten Thous NWR

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hey Karl and All,

      Yes, at least in the past that was a very reliable location. Also good for the occasional King Rail and Marsh Wren. I haven't been down to that location for a few years, but I did a number of Xmas Counts there when my friend Terry Doyle was the refuge biologist.

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Karl Werner <karlwerner@...>
      Sender: SWFLBirdline@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 23:07:19 -0500
      To: Florida SW Listserve Listserve<SWFLBirdline@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [SWFLBirdline] Roseate Spoonbills at Ten Thous NWR

      Observed a large (53) group of mixed ages at first bench on Marsh Trail. This is far more than I've seen at Ding Darling all season.

      I've heard that Ten Thousand is often quite good for spoonbills. Anyone have any thoughts on how normal this is?

      Karl

      Sent from my iPhone