Roseate Spoonbills at Ten Thous NWR

  • Karl Werner
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2013
      Observed a large (53) group of mixed ages at first bench on Marsh Trail. This is far more than I've seen at Ding Darling all season.

      I've heard that Ten Thousand is often quite good for spoonbills. Anyone have any thoughts on how normal this is?

      Karl

      Sent from my iPhone
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 2013
        Hey Karl and All,

        Yes, at least in the past that was a very reliable location. Also good for the occasional King Rail and Marsh Wren. I haven't been down to that location for a few years, but I did a number of Xmas Counts there when my friend Terry Doyle was the refuge biologist.

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T