Centennial Park Holly Hill, FL Eagles Nest- 3 RD Juvenile Eagle Spotted and Conf

  • raeliancaver
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2013
      Centennial Park Holly Hill, FL Eagles Nest- 3 RD Juvenile Eagle Spotted and Confirmed ! WOW ! Amazing !

      I have been watching and monitoring this nest and location for several years now and what I saw this morning was so incredible and unbelievable that I just had to post this and share this sighting as it was just so incredible ! This nest has had its share of ups and downs through the years after first being relocated from an adjacent park where the nest blew down from a light post to being almost blown down in a storm in this park and being saved by The Maitland bird Of Prey Center which had a professional tree climber go and recover the remnants of the nest and place them back in the tree,and the eagles then rebuilding their nest after better and stronger than ever .

      The Centennial Park Eagles have faithfully raised a pair of Eagle Babies successfully for several years now and this year and season have been no exception . There was a report back in December by David Hartgrove that he had seen 3 babies in the nest but the consensus was that one baby must have been lost because only 2 Eaglets were ever seen.

      Also I have been monitoring this nest for most of this season, maybe not as much or as often as last year but I have only ever seen 2 Juvenile Eagles in this nest this season or ever since I have monitored this nest for several years now so you can imagine as to my surprise at seeing this morning 3 Juvenile Eagles now standing tall at different edges of the nest ! How I missed seeing that 3rd Eaglet all season is unknown. Perhaps one was always hiding down in the nest when the other 2 were seen, I'm not sure . But in any case having 3 Eagle Babies for the first time here at Centennial Park is an absolutely spectacular event !

      I encourage all to come and visit here at Centennial Park to see this unprecedented Eagle event especially when all 3 Juvenile Eagles learn to fly out of their nest very soon !

      Centennial Park is located in the City of Holly Hill, FL on 10th Street between Ridgewood and Nova Roads.

      Steve Petruniak

      Daytona Beach, Florida