Sun Jan 13 Tigertail/ Sand Dollar Island: 1 Piping Plover, 1 Lesser Yellowlegs

  • __A_YAHOO_USER__
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2013
      Both of these on Sand Dollar Island, amongst hundreds of birds north of the main beach area where you arrive after forging the lagoon. Other groups of birds could be seen beyond where I stopped and also across the lagoon, plus an enormous flock of gulls, terns, etc. much further north. I didn't walk up far enough to admire it, but I could see the birds rising occasionally.

      Jason Gulvas
      Naples