Fw: eBird Report - Lasip Mitigation Park, Jan 11, 2013

  • Monica Higgins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2013
    Birded Lasip Park in Naples, now call Serenity Walk Park (at 8985 Collier Blvd) - see attached photo. Got the quinfecta of woodpeckers - Red-headed, Red-bellied, Northern Flicker, Yellow--bellied Sapsucker and Pileated. I was disturbed to watch two separate Red-headed Woodpecker males having to defend their nests from European Starlings. The Starlings kept repeatedly attacking and sometimes more than 1 at a time. I wish there were some way this could be stopped.
    Also saw Brown-headed Nuthatches - love their squeaky toy call.
    Monica Higgins, Naples, Collier Co.