Harns Marsh - circumnavigation

  • Arthur Sissman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2013
      I found the following notice on the East County Water Control District website home page (http://www.myecwcd.net/)

      "* NOTICE: Due to vandalism of the new structure at Harns Marsh, the walkway gates granting access across this structure will be closed until further notice. Visitors are still permitted to walk the Marsh, but you will not be able to cross the structure and will have to exit the way you entered."

      I spoke to someone there and they said that signs on the road to the right indicating the above had been vandalized as well. The route is about 4.5 miles and would be a nice walk. I was told that the structure would be closed for a while.

      If it is reopened the notice would be posted on the above website on the home page. If you intended a long walk around the preserve, it would be good to check before heading out.

      Arthur