Sanibel today: razorbill and common terns

  • James Boughton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2013
      We toured the causeway islands this morning in search of Ed Combs's great black-backed gull. No luck on that bird, but we did find a razorbill in Gulf waters off the A span.  Then we headed over to the East End to look for the common tern reported earlier by Don and Lillian Stokes.  To our surprise, we found 6 common terns, 4 in a mixed flock at the half-mile marker and then 2 more a short walk farther west.Inline image 1