Sanibel beach: black scoters yes, razorbills no

  • James Boughton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2013
      a raft of 43 black scoters, between access #7 and Bowman's

      also a cluster of 50+ red knots, at least 7 of which sported lime-green leg bands

      Jim Boughton and Lesley Simmons
    • Tom Lally
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2013
        While fishing in Tarpon Bay on a charter from Ding Darling / Tarpon Bay Adventures with my family this morning, we saw 2, possibly 3, razorbills. One of the birds was very active, diving constantly, and even vocalizing.
        Other highlights included 14 common loons, including one that swam within 5 feet of our boat, and 8 frigratebirds.
        Good Birding!
        Tom Lally
        Currently in Ft Myers
        Edison Park, Chicago, IL