2 Razorbills Sanibel Lighthouse today

  • Donald Stokes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2012
    We saw two Razorbills from Sanibel this morning. One was seen from the Sanibel Lighthouse fishing pier, out in the channel. The second was seen from the second causeway island, just to the right of the A span bridge, as you leave Sanibel, near shore. It was near some feeding Pelicans, see attached photo of the size difference! Hopefully it was getting some food. Unfortunately we have heard that nine dead Razorbills have been taken to CROW so far, and they also are treating two Razorbills. We wrote an article on the Razorbill invasion that appears in today's Sanibel Island Sun paper.
    Lillian and Don Stokes
    Sanibel, FL