Re: [SWFLBirdline] Razorbill at Bunche Beach Today

  • Dany Sloan
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 13, 2012
      Keep it there for another week!

      Cheers,
      Dany Sloan
      Philly/LA

      On Dec 13, 2012, at 8:28 AM, WERNER KARL <karlwerner@...> wrote:

      Received the following e-mail from Harold Johnstone.

      I saw a Razorbill this morning at Bunch Beach-a close look with birding friend from Cincinnati-Charlie Saunders.

      Karl

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 13, 2012
        Keith Laakkonen reported 6 Black Scoters from the dock across the bay from Bunche at Bowditch Point right now!

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: WERNER KARL <karlwerner@...>
        Sender: SWFLBirdline@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 08:28:19 -0800 (PST)
        To: SW Florida Bird Line<swflbirdline@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [SWFLBirdline] Razorbill at Bunche Beach Today

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 13, 2012
          First report I've heard from Razorbill checkers is nothing yet. It is high tide, so we'll see how that may or may not come into play.....

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: "Charlie Ewell" <anhinga42@...>
          Sender: SWFLBirdline@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:45:42 +0000
          To: <SWFLBirdline@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: anhinga42@...
          Subject: Re: [SWFLBirdline] Razorbill at Bunche Beach Today

          From: WERNER KARL <karlwerner@...>
          Sender: SWFLBirdline@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 08:28:19 -0800 (PST)
          To: SW Florida Bird Line<swflbirdline@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 13, 2012
            No sightings this afternoon, but we did see the Black Scoter total peak at 11, spending their time in the channel just off Bowditch Point County Park. They can be seen from Bunche when the chop isn't too bad!

            Lot's of shorebirds present during low tide!

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: "Charlie Ewell" <anhinga42@...>
            Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 19:07:32 +0000
            To: Charlie Ewell<anhinga42@...>; <SWFLBirdline@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: anhinga42@...

            From: "Charlie Ewell" <anhinga42@...>
            Sender: SWFLBirdline@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:45:42 +0000
            To: <SWFLBirdline@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: anhinga42@...

            From: WERNER KARL <karlwerner@...>
            Sender: SWFLBirdline@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 08:28:19 -0800 (PST)
            To: SW Florida Bird Line<swflbirdline@yahoogroups.com>

            Received the following e-mail from Harold Johnstone.

            I saw a Razorbill this morning at Bunch Beach-a close look with birding friend from Cincinnati-Charlie Saunders.

            Karl

          • Dlstokes
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 13, 2012
              We did not see the Razorbill when we checked at Bunche Beach this afternoon. We did see 1 Black Scoter, female, and 13 Marbled Godwits.
              We also looked from the causeway islands and Sanibel Lighthouse and no Razorbill. Not many birds in the water at all and no Loons.

              Lillian and Don Stokes
              Sanibel

              Sent from my iPad
            • Jose V. Padilla
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 14, 2012
                Got the Razorbill this morning at 745 at Bunche. Clearly seen towards the causeway. Vince M. Arrived later, we went to Punta Rassa where Vince saw him in flight. Also had a Black Scoter. Later went to the Homestead pond near the Majestic Golf course where I saw many Blue-winged teal, Mottled, 2 Green-winged teal and a N. Shoveler

                From: "Charlie Ewell" <anhinga42@...>
                Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:45:42 +0000
                ReplyTo: anhinga42@...

                From: WERNER KARL <karlwerner@...>