Sanibel Lighthouse 10/5

  • Vincent McGrath
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2012
      Taking my advice from last night's post I hustled over to the lighthouse in a dense fog- ecological and mental. Hordes of Palm Warblers already streaming overhead, occasional bobolinks, swallows (4spp), blackbirds.
      Many Palms were landing all over the place. A real strong gathering of Palms in the shoreline buttonwoods produced, to my pleasure, a beautiful bright (Audubon's race) Yellow-rumped Warbler. We had the first ever Audubon's for here last October. I would never have imagined seeing another here. Yellow, Yellow-throated, and Prairie were the only other warblers.

      Vince McGrath
      Ft Myers, Fl