Rufous Hummingbird- Lehigh Acres, Lee Co

  • Vincent McGrath
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2012
      A local birder called to report an adult male Rufous Hummingbird has found his yard favorable. Seen and photographed yesterday. I was able to see him today for about 5 min at 1:30pm. There is suitable habitat with a few old citrus trees, powderpuff tree and assorted flowering plants. An existing hummingbird feeder and another installed for encouragement. Known to overwinter here's hoping it stays.
      Unfortunately it is on private property and local owner wish for privacy. If someone wishes to see it contact me by email ( mcavian@...) or call me if you know my number.
      Lehigh Acres can be tough to navigate so previous permission and directions is needed.
      Thus is the first Rufous I've seen in Lee Co in many years

      Vince McGrath
      Ft Myers, Fl