Also at Ding Darling NWR Sanibel Sun. 4/22

  • Bob Schaeffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2012
      From about 9:30am to 10:30am Sunday morning, my wife, son and I saw along Wildlife Drive several pair of Indigo Bunting, two male Baltimore Orioles, two Spotted Sandpiper and a very odd looking thrush, with quite gray face and hindquarters.  Earlier that morning, at our home about a half mile south of Ding Darling, we had a male Painted Bunting in one of our tomato bushes and, from the sound, a mate in nearby trees.  Both Yellow-Crowned and Black-Crowned Night Heron's at the edge of our small pond when we returned from Ding.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: anhinga42@...
      Sent: Apr 22, 2012 1:00 PM
      To: Charlie Ewell , FlaBirding@yahoogroups.com, BRDBRAIN@..., swflbirdline@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SWFLBirdline] Re: [FlaBirding] Ding Darling NWR Sanibel

      Add Wood Thrush, Swainson's Thrush, Magnolia Warbler, Red-eyed Vireo....

      Charlie

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: anhinga42@...
      Sender: FlaBirding@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 13:53:13 +0000
      To: David Simpson<simpsondavid@...>; <FlaBirding@yahoogroups.com>; <BRDBRAIN@...>
      ReplyTo: anhinga42@...
      Subject: Re: [FlaBirding] Ding Darling NWR Sanibel

      Same stuff as Ding at the Sanibel Lighthouse, plus warblers (Yellow, Redstart, BT Green, Tennessee, Palm, Black-and-white), RT Hummingbird, both orioles, both tanagers, both grosbeaks, Indigos, YB Cuckoo...

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T