FOS Chucks & Clappers in Charlotte Harbor

  • Jeff Bouton
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2012

      Took an evening cruise through the mangrove lined channels North of the Port Charlotte Beach Complex on Thursday evening. Before dusk I had Prairie Warblers singing (presumably on territory) and up to 6 Clapper Rails calling. A Cooper's Hawk about took my head off at dusk zipping between my head and the top of my furled bimini (could feel the wind as it passed!) Then a bit after 7:30 heard my FOS Chuck-will's-widow singing from beyond the mangrove forests. It was a lovely evening.

      Jeff Bouton
      Port Charlotte, FL
      jbouton2@...