Limpkin, south of Naples, Sat 2/18

  • __A_YAHOO_USER__
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2012
      Thought I posted this Sat night. I tried again and lost it, I will try again. Sat night about 6:30. Drove to intersection of Route 41 and Myrtle Lane, parked at end of Myrtle and walked south on the canal about 200 meters till the intersection of the canal and a more narrow, east/west-running canal. The limpkin was foraging along the edge of a murky pond here. At one point it picked up a large snail and appeared to swallow it whole.

      Jason Gulvas
      Naples